Re: All washed up.

To: "Dr. Faustus" <dr_faustus@cyber-west.com>
Subject: Re: All washed up.
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 11:28:08 +1100 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Andy,

At 14:12 18/01/98 -0500, you wrote:
>The windshield washer in my '70 Spitfire is unoperational.  The wipers work
>just fine, however when I try to pump wiper fluid out, nothing will come.  I
>do, of course, have a full bottle of cleaner and haven't noticedany clog in
>the lines that I can see.  I was just wondering what the most common fix was
>to this problem.

I once had this  problem in my TR7. I found 4 individual faults in the
system. Each time, I was certain I had found the problem, and was
disappointed, until the last one:
        1. corroded motor contact
        2. blocked filter in pickup
        3. blocked hose
        4. blocked squirter-jets
They finally worked after I blew out the jets. I then proceeded directly to
the pub.

Good luck.
Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia