Size of the Big One

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Size of the Big One
From: Brian Neuschwander <bwnbcg@sjm.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 08:44:18 -0800
I am about to install a singel rail OD in my Spit.  '65 with '75 motor
(77 Crank, but that's another story).  I know I might have to change the
drive shaft.  But maybe not.  The one in the car now is a late model OD,
I think.  It has the CV joint at the front and came from a parts pile
that had a lot of '80 parts from an OD car (I did not get that OD unit,
though).  It fit, what can I say.  The original three rail is a couple
if inches shorter than the single rail non-OD I am currently running.  I
did have to swap rear flanges since I am still running the antique thrid
member.

If any of you helpful friends that might have a single rail non-OD
sitting on the carage floor, I could sure use the measurement from the
front of the gear box (excluding bell houseing, to the rear of the
output flange.  This will save me having to take out the tunnel cover
and related stuff, just to measure the one I have in the car.

I am trying to compare length to the OD unit I have sitting on my garage
floor right now.  You know, a little pre-planning before ripping
everything out to do the swap next week.

Hope someone can help.
--
Brian W. Neuschwander
79 Spit