Re: TR6 partial Engine rebuild

To: rick <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Subject: Re: TR6 partial Engine rebuild
From: Dean Paige <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 10:10:23 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
rick wrote:

> My TR smokes a lot. I plan on having the head rebuilt and install new pistons.
> Would the bottom end suffer from a partial rebuild? The engine dosent knock
> and the oil pressure is good.
> Also, I would save quite a bit of money by not doing the bottom end.
> Any comments?
>
> Rick

If you're going through all the motions of replacing pistons, new big
end, main bearings and thrust washers are easy and inexpensive and a
check of the oil pump tolerances also costs little in time and $$. Sure
beats going back in again later. A caveat; check your cylinders for wear.
Won't do much good to replace pistons if your cylinders are out of round
or scored.

Deano