Re: "twat" was Web page of various Spitfire carbs<21dbe53b.34bbecc9@aol.

To: GuyotLeonF <GuyotLeonF@aol.com>
Subject: Re: "twat" was Web page of various Spitfire carbs<21dbe53b.34bbecc9@aol.com>
From: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:25:29 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
>Hi Rich,Firstly I'm a 'little' surprised to read of your apparent concern
>about offending someone? It's never stopped you before :-)

Hmmmm, Perhaps I'm getting old!! :-)

>Secondly,I expect some of our concours (note spelling) entrants,might possibly
>think the same of you?

Very probable, but I'm not the person who spends thousands on a car to make it
immaculate and 'as new' to then only drive it a couple of thousand miles a
year when it's finished just so as I can win some poxy trophy!!!

>(Although,even I agree that some of them occassionally earn the description
>you used,

Ah Ha, we agree, a bit! :-)

>but we have room for all types in our Triumph clubs? Don't we?)

Hmmmmmm, I don't know, personnally I think our club(Ooops, I'm no longer a
member) has got too Concours(Note my corrected spelling :-)) orientated to the
point that the cars are hardly ever used on a daily basis, and all the people
at the shows just want to polish the damn things and not have any fun, I think
the Dutch spitfire weekend has found a happy medium in that the judging is very
informal and isn't the highlight of the weekend, instead more emphasis is
placed on The Saturday night party and the Sunday morning run out around the
Dutch countryside.

ps, I'm not singling out the Dutch Spitfire Club out of obligation for winning
their 'Worst Car of Weekend' award twice! :-) :-)

OK, I've said my piece, let the battle commence!!!! :-)

Rich