(Fwd) Re: TR6 Carb Alternatives

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: (Fwd) Re: TR6 Carb Alternatives
From: "Chris Lillja" <Chris_Lillja@Pupress.Princeton.Edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 17:26:13 EST
From:          Self <PUPRESS/CHRIS>
To:            Chris Schroeder <rcs@centrec.com>
Subject:       Re: TR6 Carb Alternatives
Date:          Mon, 12 Jan 1998 16:39:33 EST

> I'd be interested in opinions and tradeoffs for these alternatives.

Chris,

If I had a 6, I set it up with a 3 carb manifold from Richard Good (Goodparts)
in PA.
The manifolds are a bit less than $200 -- often time one can find an orphan
carb at a
swap meet. Serious guys (IMHO) will skip the Strombergs and put on SU HS6's or,
if you
really want to run with the big dogs, HD8's! After getting the used HS6's and
the
manifolds, you should have enough left over for a small mortgage payment,
compared to
what MOSS is asking for the triple weber set up!($1800 !?!) And, need I
mention, it'll
still be British, eh wot!

"The difference between a horse and a goat is more than a pair of horns..." -
"Kas" Kastner

Chris Lillja
TR4A
Norton Commando