Re: TR6 - 5 speed gearbox conversion

To: <jbwrite@ix.netcom.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: TR6 - 5 speed gearbox conversion
From: pearesto@totcon.com (pearesto)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 11:58:31 -0800
The Supra gear box is one of the best out there.  The only reason not to do
it is if you like origionality.  The Supra gearbox from the beginning of
time has been an all aluminum housing box, so weight should not be a
problem.  They never go bad, at least when I used to race them they did
not, even with lots of horses.  Sounds like a good deal.  Does the tranny
come with the kit or do you have to but that separate?  They are fairly
abundant up till the late 80s in salvage yards, at least here.  The later
ones might even be the same but I am not sure.  The other good thing is
that the Celica and Pickup used the same gearbox with a Cast iron housing.
Might work in a pinch.

Good Luck

John