Re: heater hoses

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Subject: Re: heater hoses
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 19:45:01 -0500
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

Malcolm Walker wrote:

> I need to replace the short hoses going between the firewall and the
> heater in my TR4.
>
> I know Moss sells them and they are on my "to get" list.
>
> But, can I just use the bulk stuff that the parts store sells?  If so,
> what is the best kind/size/make?
>
> Malcolm,

    I bought hoses from TRF (where is their Winter Sale Flyer anyway).
It appeared the hoses, I'm assuming we're talking about the interior
hoses here, are curved too much to use normal straight heater hose. I
just figured, without any experimentation, that such would kink, so I went
for the preformed, prebent hoses.   Give it try to find out for sure.

                                                  JOE IV
                                                   TR 250
                                      WALLINGFORD, CT USA