Re: TR3A guages calibration???

To: "Sheila Crockett" <sheilac@wkpowerlink.com>
Subject: Re: TR3A guages calibration???
From: "George P. Richardson" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 16:29:40 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
If the gauges have professionally rebuilt, they must have been calibrated.
If they haven't, then the best way to calibrate them is to have a pro do it.

The fuel gauge, and ammeter are electrical, but have no adjustment for
calibration. They are what they are.

The temperature gauge "wire" is the capillary tube. It's filled with ether.
If you crack it or remove it, you'll have to send it to a pro to be fixed.
They'll calibrate it when they rebuild it. If you want to check it, just put
the end of the capillary tube into a pot of boiling water. Easy 212 degree
farenheit standard (varying a bit depending on altitude).

The oil pressure gauge takes oil in directly. I've never actually opened one
that I can recall.

George Richardson
'57 TR3, TS15559L
(getting ready to paint - and now on the web!)
http://www.merlingroupinc.com/tr3.htm