1979 spifire, more knowledge needed

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1979 spifire, more knowledge needed
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 13:10:18 PST
Next question for the cumulative knowledge of the list.  the 1979
spifire mentioned is a "california car" and as such has 2 carbon
canisters like on the lower right corner of the VB catalog page 91.
unfortunately the DPO of the car, broke the hose connections and the
gardeners took some of the hoses, (evidently missing), question is, i
now have the canisters and some extra hose's and such but don't know how
the darn thing hooks up and my trusty haynes manual don't say, does
anyone have a diagram or can say how to hook them up given this cheap
ascii art?

right front of car
1
2 b1   *cannister 1*
3

4
5 b2   *cannister 2*
6

where b1 and b2 are the bottom connectors and the other 6 are the 3 on
each cannister (if i am looking at it right) any assistance at all would
be greatly appreciated, hoping to drive it round the block this weekend
on a milk crate if necessary,  even if it's 1 hooks to 4 and 6, i can
figure that out.  thanks in advance for any and all help.

if you think it would be easier to fax something from a manual or hand
drawing, fax it to 909 785-3511,  or attach something to an e-mail, i do
accept attachments.  thanks again

larry,
1979 spitfire  #FM99248U

currently almost drivable thanks to the good folks at various parts
houses.

wired by a blind orangatan in a dark garage on a moonless
night.

pardon me i have been looking for myself, have you seen me
anywhere?