Re: More wire wheel questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: More wire wheel questions
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 06:52:03 -0800
Art writes:
   <  snip  >
>As to the question about Dunlops. They are made in India.  Check Dayton
wheels
>for what I think is a better quality.
***********************************
And while I agree about using new hubs and knockoffs, unfortunately if you
own a Spitfire or GT6 your ONLY source for wires is Dunlop.  It's my
understanding that Dayton no longer (and hasn't for some time) made wheels
for this particular model.  Has something to do with the hubs or something
- anyway, when I was looking for chrome wires for the GT6 that's what I was
told by several suppliers as I too would have paid the additional price for
what would appear to be a much nicer wheel (stainless spokes, truly
tubeless etc.) - Not that the Dunlops are bad, mine are still in great
shape and run true, but I would have liked the stainless spokes -

Barry Schwartz   (San Diego)
bschwart@pacbell.net

72 V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (When I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spit (Currently undergoing a frame off)
73 Ford Courier (parts hauler)