Fuse confusion, or "don't do this"

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fuse confusion, or "don't do this"
From: DANMAS <DANMAS@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 10:53:59 EST
Fellow con-fuse-ions:

In light of our previous discussions on fuses, I though ya'all might get a
kick out of this. These guys were trained professionals - don't try this at
home!

ARKANSAS CAR FUSE!

TWO LOCAL MEN INJURED IN FREAK ACCIDENT

Two local men were seriously injured when their pick-up truck left the road
and struck a tree near Cotton Patch on State Highway 38 early Monday morning.

Woodruff County Deputy Davey Snyder reported the accident shortly after
midnight Monday. Thurston Poole, 33, of Des Arc and Billy Ray Wallis, 38, of
Little Rock are listed in serious condition at Baptist Medical Center. The
accident occurred as the two men were returning to Des Arc after a frog
gigging trip. On an overcast Sunday night, Poole's pick-up truck headlights
malfunctioned. The two men concluded that the headlight fuse on the older
model truck had burned out. As a replacement fuse was not available, Wallis
noticed that the .22 caliber bullet from his pistol fit perfectly into the
fuse box next to the steering wheel column. Upon inserting the bullet, the
headlights again began to operate properly and the two men proceeded on east-
bound toward the White River Bridge.

After traveling approximately 20 miles and just before crossing the river, the
bullet apparently overheated, discharged and struck Poole in the right
testicle. The vehicle swerved sharply to the right exiting the pavement and
striking the tree. Poole suffered only minor cuts and abrasions from the
accident, but will require surgery to repair the other wound. Wallis sustained
a broken clavicle and was treated and released.

"Thank God we weren't on that bridge when Thurston shot his nuts off or we
might have been dead," stated Wallis. "I've been a trooper for ten years in
this part of the world, but this is a first for me. I can't believe that those
two would admit how the accident happened," said Snyder.

Upon being notified of the wreck, Lavinia, Poole's wife, asked how many frogs
the boys had caught and did anyone get them from the truck.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'74 MGBGT---3000mile/year driver, original condition, slated for a V8 soon!
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74