Spit front suspension concern?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spit front suspension concern?
From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 02:28:23 -0500
I'm in the process of installing Performance Coil Springs, VB part
#5-5084 along with Koni adjustable shocks, TRF part #KONI180H-1388.
The old coil springs, which I assume to be the originals, are 13-3/8" in
length in a no-load condition.  The new springs, as described above, are
9-1/2" in length.
The shocks, old and new, are identical in length; as is the distance
between the retaining plates for the coil springs.  When the shock is
fully extended, the distance, between the coil retaining plates is 10".
So.....when the shock is fully extended, the coil can become displaced
(fall out of its' retainer.)  While I realize the shock will not reach
full extension under normal conditions, I don't want to worry about the
coil becoming dislodged when jacking the car.  I suspect it would also
leave its mount with the front end rise during hard first and second
gear acceleration -- NOT.
Since I believe this to be a fairly common arrangement, I would like to
know what other list members have done about this -- if anything.

Thanks in advance,
Ed Hamilton