GT6: Adjust self-adjusting brakes?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6: Adjust self-adjusting brakes?
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 21:31:43 -0800
I'm in the process of rebuilding the rear brakes on my GT6.

They have the curious self-adjusting mechanism -- a geared spindle on
the butt end of the cylinder, coupled to the handbrake via a lever.  As
the handbrake is activated, it seems the gear moves to position the
shoes.  Does anyone have experience with this?  As I am ready to install
new cylinders, etc., I am wondering how the initial setup is made on this
mechanism ...

Wondering in Washington ... (D.C.)

--
Martin Secrest