TR3 interior results

To: peb3@cornell.edu, josephb@aftac.gov, markg4269@toast.net, dhoward@jht.com, vcam_inc@bellatlantic.net, wsachse@ncinter.net, jimbpps@worldnet.att.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 interior results
From: KMNTR6 <KMNTR6@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 16:44:23 EST
Phil, Joe, Mark, Don, Leon, Bill, Jim, and list,

First off I want to thank Phil, Joe, Mark, Don, Leon, Bill, and Jim for their
help with my interior restoration. Secondly, it is not finished. It will
probably not ever be "finished" as I will probably always be continually
changing and improving..

What I actually did:
I got the TRF vinyl seat kit, the Moss rear seat kit, and the Moss seat
stuffing kit. I called the TRA (Triumph Register of America) and they have a
how-to video on building seats that was done at one of their National
Conventions by the guy that makes the seat covers for TRF. He goes step by
step on how to re-upholster. I have to admit that I did the driver's seat and
it came out pretty good. I started on the passenger seat and it didn't look as
good as the other seat, so I went to the local shop that did the seats on my
TR8, and he said he would finish the seats for less than $50. That sounded
mighty appealing. I called today to see if they were ready and he tells me
that when I was there the apprentice quit and took all of their upholstry
tools with him. He said he was going tool shopping and should have the seats
ready by tomorrow. Wish me luck. I don't need any more gray hair.

Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond (VA) Triumph Register
1957 TR3