HELP: Early Spitfire Door Latch Problems

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: HELP: Early Spitfire Door Latch Problems
From: "Brad Kahler" <Brad.Kahler@141.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 15:57:04 -0600
Comments: Authenticated sender is <Brad.Kahler@pop.141.com>
The driver door on my Spitfire Mk1 has the cheap aluminum block that
contains the door latching mechanism.  The round rod that does the
actual latching has worn the hole that it rides in into an oval
shape.  This causes the door to rattle.  I have about four of these
locks mechanisms and only one isn't cracked.  I'm actually using the
best one that I could find.  But it still rattles.

Does anyone have any reliable solution to fix this problem?

Signed Rattled!

Brad
1964 Spitfire4