Another idiot story

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Another idiot story
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 1998 20:35:21 +1300charset="iso-8859-1"
Fortunately, I was not the idiot, but a policewoman I know was absolutely
beside herself when she was telling the story...

She was on assignment at a beach over a Christmas holiday break (high summer
here in New Zealand) where she was called to an incident. There was a guy
lying in much pain on the lawn of his holiday home, with a rope around his
waist.

It seems he needed to paint the very steep roof on his holiday home. Being
steep, he realised he needed a way of holding himself steady on the roof
while painting - hence the rope around his midriff. He needed to attach the
other end of the rope to something - he used the towbar of his car.

The problem was, that he forgot to tell his wife, who needed the car to go
down to the supermarket to get some bread, etc - you can guess the rest...

Happy new year

David Greed
1979 2500S Manual O/D

Email: greed@wave.co.nz  (Home)