Re: Tires PI model

To: mlibhart@feist.com
Subject: Re: Tires PI model
From: "A.L. & G.L. Sbaraglia" <sbarant@tin.it>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 14:27:37 +0100
Cc: Geoffrey Garrod <ggarr@prodigy.net>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hi,
... Happy New Year.
I didn't make a mistake when wrote about 195H65R15 because I was spoken
about TR6 PI car (European model). You have to think that PI car tires
are 165H80R15 Michelin or Dunlop. If you have a TriumphTune Performance
manual (Moss manual) you can read on page 2-9 the correct replacement
for your PI car.
I'm sorry if I made a mistake about the correct size of RedLine tire.
Your information are correct only if you have a carb model but not about
PI model.

Best Regard

Gianluca Sbaraglia

Martin Libhart wrote:

> Geoffrey:
>
> I think the initial info you received on tire sizes may be in error as
> far as originality is concerned. The redlines are not equivalent to a
> 185/70/15 tire - they were'nt '70' series tires. They were equal to a
> 185/80/15 designation.
>
> From all research I have done, the closest correct size, if you want a
> '70' series tire is a 205/70/15.  The sizes quoted in the original
> post to you would be too small in diameter to be correct.
>
> Check out:
>
>         http://www.vtr.org/maintain/tires-TR6.html
>
> Also other tire links on the VTR page.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Martin Libhart
> 1972 TR6
> 1970 Spitfire

      Please, may you visit these new Italian Triumph Tr6 Sport
      pages (First
      Triumph TR6 in Italy):

       http://space.tin.it/sport/asbarag

       http://www.chicodesign.net/gls

      All URL are about the First Italian Triumph TR6 site. They
      are (always) under construction.

      Please, If you have a URL link my sites in your pages and
      send me back a mail if you want a link in my sites.

      Please, after your visit, send me back a e-mail. Thank you.