Spitfire repacement distributors

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire repacement distributors
From: Janice Matthews <kianaMatt@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 17:23:14 +0000
James Carpenter had raised the issue of replacing the stock Spitire
distributor with one from a Metro.
I have heard of using a Ford V8 distibutor and blanking off every other plug
connection.Which unit is unknown.

What distributors will fit a Spitfire?

Which ones do not require modifications and which ones do? How much
modification?

We would like a larger ditributor cap, our spark jumps about an inch and a
half air gap. We would also like a breakerless system, preferably hall
effect rather than optical.

Thank uyou in advace for any information you may have.

Matt Matthews