Bent Front Bumper Supports aka Frame

To: <tr7@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bent Front Bumper Supports aka Frame
From: "John Di Fede"<difejo@consumer.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 97 08:54:53 -0500
     Hello All;

        I recently aquired a 1980 TR-7 DHC that had been hit in the front.
     After inspection, I can see that the frame in front of the radiator
     has been pushed to the left.  Both bumper mounts have moved equally
     about 1.5 inches.

        Does anybody have any suggestions as to how I could bend the frame
     back into the proper position?  I'm thinking maybe a chain and a
     come-along wrapped around the frame and a sturdy tree.

        Any suggestions?  I could probably call a body shop, but doing it
     yourself is so much more fun!

     Thanks, and Happy Holidays to all!

     John Di Fede
     Hopewell Junction, NY.