Re: burning question (Webers)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: burning question (Webers)
From: Jeff Arrowsmith <jarrow@dlcwest.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 21:51:56 -0700
>If you want more low end then going to Webers is probably not hte route
>you want to go...this will only help the top end power and make even less
>availiable at the low end...some one correct me if I'm wrong on this
>

>aaron
>

>> The dual Stromburgs just don't supply the low end that I would like.   Top
>> speed and high Rpm power are OK for this Low compression engine, but by the
>> time I get into the power band it is time to shift up to stay below 5 or 6
>> K and keep the engine under the hood.
>>

>> Tom Howard
>> Lakeside Union School District
>> ('72 Triumph GT6, and a good bit of USA iron)

Weber carbs are infinitely tunable to whatever application you want. It
takes TONS of time/patience/jets and complete knowledge and understanding
of each circuit in these carbs. If you are looking for bottom end only, I
wouldn't bother with a Weber.  I'm talking side draft (DCOE) and not the
down drafts.

Jeff.A

1967 GT6 Mk1
1975 Spitfire
1975 TR6
"Why do you own 3 Triumphs?".........because I can't afford 4!
Rap = Disco for the 90's