Re: CA smog law

To: karim.marouf@cancom.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: CA smog law
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 10:55:05 -0800
Karim,

SB42 was signed into law by Governor Wilson.  It will take effect January
1, 1998.
Thanks to thousands of supporters who kept the pressure up continuously,
the Legislature passed and Wilson signed the bill despite heavy lobbying
from environmental groups and the petroleum industry.  A definite,
grassroots victory for all the motorheads in California.  Hope this
accelerates the trend across the nation.

Dave,
San Diego, CA
Antique Automobile Museum Car Club Council - Legislative Issues
1970 TR6 PI RHD CP51649
 _______________________________________
|   ___  __      _ _  _  _  __          |
|    |   |_\  |  | |  |\/|  |_\  |_|    |
|    |   |\   |  |_|  |  |  |    | |    |
|_______________________________________|
   \                                 /
    \   I  N  J  E  C  T  I  O  N   /
     \_____________________________/

I haven't been checking up on the progress of SB 42. I heard recently that
it passed. Can anyone tell me if it actually did and when it goes into
effect? Thanks.
Karim
'67 GT6
'67 MGB-GT