Aston Martin straight-6 [was Worlds fastest 4-door]

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@NENE.AC.UK
Subject: Aston Martin straight-6 [was Worlds fastest 4-door]
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 97 10:12:08 PST
Cc: KC3565L@sprintmail.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Richard Jackson wrote:
        > Pardon???  When was that then, as far as I knew it, all DB4,5,6 and
DBS's used
        > Tadek Marek's straight 6!!!!!

Richard,
        I read this in an article sometime in the mid-70s.  The article said
that Aston Martin were having problems with both supply of their engine and
problems with getting it certified for export, forcing A-M to outsource
for an interim motor.  This was around 1971 or 1972.  The article said that
the outsourced engine of choice was the Aussie Chrysler 265 Hemi, option E49.
        Can anyone confirm this?
        Shane Ingate in San Diego