Re: starter followup and gearbox q???

Subject: Re: starter followup and gearbox q???
From: James Charles Ruwaldt <jruwaldt@indiana.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:45:08 -0500 (EST)
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Peter,
        Mine does much the same thing.  I imagine it's the viscosity of
the transmission fluid that causes the output shaft to spin.  I haven't
noticed the torque increasing when the engine speed is increased, however.
And, in any case, it doesn't seem likely that anything mechanical would be
causing the shaft to turn, unless the gears are so hopelessly mixed up,
that the transmission doesn't know what neutral.  I imagine in that case
you'd probably get a very good deal of grinding and crashing of the gears.
Jim Ruwaldt
'72 TR6 CC79338U
Bloomington, IN