Re: Anorak?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Anorak?
From: "p.bird" <p.bird@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:44:13 +0000
Anorak.

It is indeed a waterproof coat with a fur lined hood. It's cultural
significance is that it is the coat of choice for trainspotters. If you
have not heard of trainspotting apart for the film then i will
illustrate. A trainspotter is exactly that, he spots trains. Usually to
be found at major stations with a little note pad in which he writes
down all the serial numbers of the trains that he sees. I have no idea
why but they just seem to enjoy it. The anorak has since been tared with
the same brush. The closest thing that you may have to 'an anorak' in
terms of someone being an anorak would be a nerd. Interested in the
minutist detail about everything, knows how quickly a 1.0 mini
accelerates even though he's never owned one. Everyone on the net is
deemed to be a bit of an anorak over here, aswell as anyone into science
fiction, which includes me but i don't actually have an anorak.

i hope this has helped

birdy