TR3A Dash Capping

To: <drew@pixar.com>
Subject: TR3A Dash Capping
From: "Brent Smith" <bsmith@inetnow.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 19:51:27 -0500
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Drew wrote:

>Can someone please take a look at their car and let me know what it's
>supposed to be like?

>I would also like to know if the ends of the dash rail extends past
>the body a little bit into the door opening or whether they are flush
>with the body.

I just recovered all mine early this year in restoring my 1960 TR3A.  The
dash capping does indeed have an opening on the end--not terribly visible
though.  The furry draft seal and the rubber door seal extend into that
space and partially cover the hole where they end.  The end of the rail on
mine is just slightly longer than the dash, so it covers it completely.
Just make sure that the door capping and the dash capping line up so they
look right with the doors closed--and that they don't rub.

Brent