flare nut wrenches

To: Chip Mautz <cmautz@mindspring.com>
Subject: flare nut wrenches
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:15:33 -0800 (PST)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Chip Mautz wrote:

> btw - Sears wanted $10/ea for a craftsman flare nut wrench, 1/2".  Only
> $8.95 for the 3/8" that I was going to pick up also.  I mean, come on!  For
> each tool!  Anybody got a favorite place to pick up a cheap set of SAE
> flare nut wrenches (Home Depot, Ace Hardware, etc.)

I bought a set of wrenches.  Total of 6 sizes for $21 cdn... (3 wrenches).
They are made by Westward, but I think that's a Canadian firm.  Look on
the tool racks of the auto supply stores (place I got them is an
auto/marine/plumbing/etc supply place)

I have seen the same set at another tool/machine shop for $35 cdn.  Shop
around...

-Malcolm