Pete Chadwell's TR6 gearbox explanation

To: Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Pete Chadwell's TR6 gearbox explanation
From: Peter J Barrance <pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 18:31:39 -0500 (EST)
Pete,

I hope you see this - it's tricky for me to go back into digest and look
up your address. Thanks for all the advice.

I was indeed talking about the constant gear on the layshaft. It's got
bits missing. I'm sure it's all downhill from there.

I'm willing to try most things but having looked through the manual and
the online info, I don't think I'm prepared to spend the time and effort.
I haven't got a proper shop to work on it really (just the garage). It
just seems like there's too much chance of getting it back together and
having it pop out of gear or something go bad in another few thousand
miles. It really ceases to be fun then. I'm gonna go for a Rimmer's recon.
(seems like I can save $200 odd under TRF anyway.- even w/ shipping).
It'll be good to get a fresh box in there anyway.

Thanks again,

Pete