Re: hello

To: "p.bird" <p.bird@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: hello
From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 18:54:31 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

> Thanks for the info, i will make sure that i check the steering joints,
> is the rubber joint a rubber disc with four holes in it? if so why do
> they bother putting it in?.

On the TR 4A, they had rubber ones in both the lower and upper
positions... then they changed it to a universal joint in the lower
section.. and only rubber in the top... teh reason:  It is a buffer so
that you won't feel every little shake and rattle in your hands as you
drive...   I've talked with some vintage racers who have replaced BOTH
with universal joints... and they talk of improvement in steering...
(less play)  BUT.... they also said they would not do this to a daily
driver... as it would be uncomfortable on the hands...  So, perhaps,
better to stick with correct rubber one...

I am planning to replace all the brake lines
> with goodgridge braided hose, i used to make brake lines up for
> motorbikes and i can still get the parts fairly cheap. Should improve
> the feel somewhat and of course it will look fab.

REPLACING old brake lines is the safest way to go.  Not familiar with
Goodgridge.. but I'm sure you are!

Keep the list informed of your progress!!!

Justin
Los Angeles