Re: temp gauge

To: fred thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: temp gauge
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 09:52:13 -0800 "temp gauge" (Nov 16, 5:49pm)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Nov 16,  5:49pm, fred thomas wrote:

[snip]

> Ken, just like you say, then two tie straps across top of water pipe,
> then one vertical, three loops, thru fire wall around passenger side of
> heater, one loop & into dash.In the service manual under cooling section
> page # 4 figure # 6
>-- End of excerpt from fred thomas

Hi Fred,

I tried this routing when I installed my rebuilt temp gauge but the
capillary tube was pretty taught when I was done. Now it could be
that the tube is too short or the gauge is in the wrong hole. I looked
at every TR3 I could at the Palo Alto show but there seemed to be
just about every possible combination of which gauge/light/switch goes
in what ever hole. Do you (or anyone else) know of a difinitive
source for information of how the center instrument panel, speedometer
and tach are supposed to be layed out on a LHD 1958 TR3A?

Thanks in advance,
Drew

--
Drew Rogge