Re: Moto-lita Sterring Wheel

To: camhi@symbol.com
Subject: Re: Moto-lita Sterring Wheel
From: MMDBR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 06:51:02 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Alan,

My experience on my 63 TR4 is that to remove the wheel:

      1. Gently lever off (with a small screwdriver) the horn button.
      2. Remove the large nut (1 1/16 or 1 1/8 - I don't remember exactly.)
      3. Lift out the the horn button holder.
      4. Pull off steering wheel, gently rocking from side to side if
necessary. It is                       merely on a splined hub.

My wheel is smaller than stock and I like it immensely. The amount of wheel
turn needed to make a turn is MUCH smaller. I think it's a much better feel
of the road, especially in any turning situation, especially hard turns. (I
have not yet figured how to make the horn work - I think I need to drill a
hole to accomodate the switch.)

Good luck and have fun!

Mike Blonder
Elmhurst, IL