Re: Ain't got no nuts... (early Spit)

To: pficklin@qnis.net
To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Ain't got no nuts... (early Spit)
From: tochilds@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 07:28:25 -0600 (CST)
On 11/13/97 14:21:32 you wrote:

>Fellow listers,
>  I need some lug nuts...   I recently acquired 4 - 13 x 5.5 U.S.
>aluminum slot mags for my '63 Spit - thank you, Lewis!  :')   Now, I
>need some nuts.  I've called several local suppliers, to no avail.  I've
>been wondering what the dimensions of the nuts available for the
>Panasport/Minilite replicas are from TRF & VB.  What I need to know is
>the "reach", and the shank diameter.  does anybody have one laying
>around that they want to measure and let me know?  I'd sure appreciate
>it...  I've prepared the following hi-res graphic to further 'splain
>what I need....
>
>I need to know dimensions "A" & "B"...
>
>                    |<---- A ------>|
>
>    /--------------\
>   /               +---------------\    ---
>   |               |                |    |
>   |               |                |    B (dia.)
>   \               +---------------/    ---
>    \--------------/
>
>   ^---hex head----^
>
>                    ^---"shank"-----^
>
>thanks much, in advance...
>Peter Ficklin
>'63 & '68 Spits

I was able to get 3/8" lugnuts to use on my Spit (with what sounds like similar
wheels to what you have, Peter) from a company called - believe it or not - Mr.
Lugnut!  They are located in Los Angeles, CA.  I don't have their address, but
you can call them at (310) 324-1111 or (800) 950-AUTO.  I used their part
number 5004 lugnuts on my Spit.  This info is now a couple of years old, but
according to some local parts houses, they are still in business.  Give them a
try.

Tony Childs
'72 Spitfire - Resurrected!!!