RE: U-joint lubrication

To: "'Bob Kramer'" <rgk@flash.net>
Subject: RE: U-joint lubrication
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 14:08:14 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

        Yeah I thought the same thing at first.. but then why do the
bearings in your trans for example use large balls instead of more small
ones? (I don't know but just want to illustrate that perhaps the
"obvious" is not always the best choice).

>  I will agree on the retaining clips however.  In
> any event, I've never had a problem "down the road" with the Spicer
> units. The ones to really avoid are the Quinton Hazels, which are the
> most available brand.  As I've said before, QH used to be sold by JC
> Whitney as aftermarket cheapo replacement parts.  Now they are sold by
> VB, BPNW and others as "original".
        So does this mean I just installed 6 QH u-joints on my car? Oh
god I hope not. I to like avoiding the QH brand for most things Triumph
(had no choice on my water pump unfortunately).

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada