Re: Basic Positive Ground Question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Basic Positive Ground Question
From: schuyler grace <schuyler@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 00:00:21 -0800
Joe Curry wrote:

> For all the "current flows both directions" or "it doesn't matter"
> partisans out there.  If that is so, Please explain to me how diodes
> work!
>
> Dan, Watch what kinds of responses I get!

Joe,

Everyone knows that diodes work because they use magic paint for the
little bands on their cathode ends.  This stuff separates (by means
never to be fathomed) the holes from the electrons and sends each off in
the opposite direction of the other; otherwise, you'd just have all your
electrons falling into the holes (aka, oblivion).

BTW, be very careful not to spill one of those dead batteries that
discharged from sitting on your concrete garage floor.  It will be full
of holes, and shades of Wile E. Coyote, you'll end up with one big hole
that's large enough to swallow the average LBC.  If you don't believe
me, just take a gander at any well worn battery box -- chances are quite
a few of those pesky holes have spilled out over the years and
accumulated in it's bottom.

Right, Dan?

-Schuyler (I knew five years of EE study at Ga Tech would pay off
eventually)
--
Schuyler E. Grace
'73 Spitfire 1500 - FM1183U (holes in floor)