Historic racing in San Diego

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Historic racing in San Diego
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 97 14:04:15 PST
All,

        Historic racing is coming back to San Diego!
After the breakdown of quality at the Palm Springs
Historic Racing weekend, the venue has changed to San Diego,
specifically North Island, on the Naval Air Station.

        The event is on Nov 22-23, with the entry
fees a paltry $12/day or $10/day in advance ($15/both days).

        I know its shameful advertizing, but here is the
blurb from the organizers:

"Patterned after the world-famous Monterey Historic Automobile Races at
Laguna Seca Raceway, the inaugural Chrysler Classic Speed Festival will
take center stage in beautiful Coronado, California, November 23-
23, 1997. Set against the stunning backdrop of sparkling San Diego Bay
and the San Diego City skyline, Naval Air Station North Island provides an
awesome venue for vintage automobile racing. The Chrysler Classic will
feature 150 of the world's top racing machines from year gone by competing
on a 1.5 mile course directly adjacent to the runways where the U.S. Navy's
finest fighter pilots teach and train. The rare race cars are chosen to compete
on the basis of their historical significance and certified authenticity.
This exciting new spectacle is being produced by General Racing, Ltd.,
under the direction of Steven J. Earle, who founded and has produced the
Monterey Historic Automobile Races since 1974. The Festival is a
presentation of the Plymouth Holiday Bowl, a San Diego non-profit,
community enhancement organization that annually produces one of the
Nation's premier collegiate football bowl games and related festival of
events."

This is going to be a GREAT event!  I dont know how many Triumphs
have been entered yet - I'll post more information as it comes to hand.

        Shane Ingate in San Diego