TR6 A-type O/D - accumulator removal?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 A-type O/D - accumulator removal?
From: "Peter J Barrance" <pjb@eagle.gsh.jhu.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 13:09:59 -0500
Hello everyone,

Some of you may recall from last week that I am working on an A-type OD box to
drop in my 71 TR6. I've taken the thing apart pretty far, but I'm stuck on how
to take the accumulator out of the front housing. It looks like the factory
tool might engage on something in the bore which would be used to pull the
thing out with. However, when I look in there, all I can see is plane
cylindrical surfaces. So maybe, it's some kind of expander which grips the side
using friction.

If anyone has experience, I would love to hear from them.

Thanks in advance, as always!

Pete