2500 Timing

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: 2500 Timing
From: Bob Hutton <bobhutton@VUT.edu.AU>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 15:54:01 +1100
Came across something strange on the weekend with my 2500 TC.
Started out adjusting the timing and stripped the clamp bolt. Chucked that away
and turned a collar out of large washer that now locks the distributor down
with the two bolts that held the original clamp. I then decided to check the
plugs by using the timing light on each lead to see if any were mis-firing. All
were OK, but I noticed the timing on number 6 was 2 degrees more advanced than
number one. They should be the same, shouldn't they? It's a new distributor,
how can this be?

Comments gratefully accepted.

Regards,
Bob Hutton