Re: front suspension

To: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>
Subject: Re: front suspension
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 18:28:35 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Gary Nafziger wrote:

> I am currently rebuilding the front suspension on my 69 tr-6.  How many of
> you sandblast and repaint all the front suspension stuff when you rebuild?
> I would like to but am re-thinking.  It is a lot of work for something no
> one will see.  However it would be kind of fun to do it.  How far does one
> go in cleaning things up?
>                 Gary, Frances Nafziger
>                 Wellman, Iowa

Depends if noone will really see it.  If you take the car to ABFM's and
the like, people are likely to see it. And, as long as you have the
thing apart, that is the time to do it.  In the end, it's really up to
the individual to decide what lengths to go to.  For my money, I'd say
Blast and paint.  You'll probably feel much better when you are through.

Whenever I have taken the shortcut in the past, I have always ended up
wishing I had gone through with the other way.

Joe Curry   '67 Spit