Re: 1-1/2" Su's for 1500

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1-1/2" Su's for 1500
From: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 22:00:27 -0700
Cc: <hamilton@ptd.net>
Ed wrote:
----------
> From: Edward Hamilton <hamilton@ptd.net>
> To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: 1-1/2" Su's for 1500
> Date: Tuesday, November 04, 1997 8:53 PM
>
> Looking to change  the single carb arrangement on my '80 Spit to a dual
> 1-1/2" su setup.  Should anyone have this setup lying about, please
> contact me.
>
> Best regards,
> Ed Hamilton

Ed:  incase no other listers come across with the goods, I got mine from a
Spit/GT6 recycler in Whales (UK).  They cost me the equivalent of $75.00 US
and included all parts to attach including the manifold & filter air box.
I spent $150.00 more rebuilding & having the bodies bushed with new shafts.
 A couple of evenings spent polishing piston chambers to a chrome like
gleam.  I toped them off with K&N pancake individual air filters and used
stainless steel allen key head fasteners all around.  Use the yellow piston
springs with the K&N's and expect to buy a number of needle pairs as you
dial these in.  Headers, compression, cam, altitude, etc. will all have an
impact on what needles work best.  Don't expect too much of a performance
gain on a relatively stock engine but as mods go up, they sure help the
breathing.  The K&N's give the intake a nice "honk" to match the exhaust
note.
Good hunting,
Larry (SPITMAN) Quirk
80 Spit