Re: Batteries

To: Joe Worsley <worsley@ebicom.net>
Subject: Re: Batteries
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 11:29:38 -0800 (PST)
Cc: "Pelzel, Mark - Broomfield" <Mark.Pelzel@cexp.com>, tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
> BTW I don't agree on the battery on cement discharing.  The old asphalt
> cases used to do it and if the battery has acid on it leakage will occur
> between terminals causing a discharge. MY OPINION ONLY AND NOT
> NECESSARILY FACT.

I read somewhere that you check for battery leakage by connecting a
voltmeter to one terminal and touching the other probe at places on the
batter (particulary, wet spots)-- any voltage reading means your battery
is leaking across the terminals.

Due to the electrolytic nature of battery acid (and water, I guess), this
makes a lot of sense.

Anyone else got something to add?

-Malcolm