Re: Wiring wonderment (TR3A turn signals)

To: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com (Kinderlehrer's)
Subject: Re: Wiring wonderment (TR3A turn signals)
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 13:30:44 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Bob,

Having just been there a few months ago, here is what I seem to remember:

The harness from the control head comes up to meet the harness on the left
side of the engine compartment. The harness hooked something like brown to
horn, green to flasher, green/white to right and green/red to left.

The car's harness, at the point where the control head harness connects,
has two g/w's and two g/r's. The g/w (white for right) connection needed
these three wires connected. The g/r (red for left) connection needed a
four way connector, the two g/r's from the harness, the g/r from the
control head and the lead going to the left front turn signal bulb.

Over to the right side of the car harness, I remember there were a pair of
g/r's, they needed to be connected as well.

I remember having similar problems, one light wouldn't go, but the rest
did. I fiddled with the connections at these two places and got them all
going in 15 minutes. The wiring diagram I had was pretty useless, the
harness has lots of wires not shown on the diagram.

Remember, I have a TR3B, so YMMV. Also, to make matters worse, my harness
is not original! It is cloth covered, when all I have read says it should
be plastic covered...

Your tests look OK, but I would try to put 12V to the lead you think is the
right rear lamp and see if it lights. If not, your wire or ground is still
bad. Or, you have the wrong wire!

Good luck.

At 12:59 AM 11/4/97 -0500, Kinderlehrer's wrote:
snip
>I cannot, however, get the right rear to light. If I turn the switch to the
>right, the right front will flash, but the dash indicator light and the
>right rear stay dark.
 Henry Frye            E-mail - thefryes@iconn.net
 TR3B   TCF1927 L   http://www.iconn.net/thefryes/
 TR250  CD8096 L                  A Little Town In
 TR250  CD1074 L                  Connecticut, USA