Re: Re[2]: route 66 trip

To: "triumphs mail list" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: route 66 trip
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 23:16:55 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
I always thought it ran from Chicago to LA.  The "original" is long gone, in
the sense that it has been "unmarked", but the overwhelming majority or the
original concrete is still there and (at least through Illinois) and can be
followed.  There is a Route 66 Organization which can provide maps to the
whole thing.

Does anyone else remember the 60's TV show by the same name?
Two guys coming of age in a Corvette (new each year) traveling "along" Route
66.  I remember an old ad for the show which was to the effect that a
particular episode was "with 1,000 miles."  Hell, almost the whole country
is within 1,000 miles!

kengano@advant.com