Re: dismantling advice

To: Jon Moody <mood@erols.com>
Subject: Re: dismantling advice
From: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 21:38:19 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Jon Moody wrote:(snip)

> I've decided that my '71TR6 has to dismantled whether its a parts car or
> restoration candidate.  My plan now is to slowly take it apart, clean
> the parts as they are removed, bag 'em and tag 'em.

>  Any suggestions here?  Thanks in advance.

Jon; Here's an additional tip: Take lots of pictures as you take it
apart! You'd be amazed at the details you'll forget as the years go by.
Even the best shop manual is no match for a nice color photo, especially
when it comes to the color coding on wiring. I make notes right on the
photo, before putting it in the zip lock bag with the dismembered
assembly. This method saved untold hours of greif when I reassembled the
Tiger.