Re: TR250 engine removal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR250 engine removal
From: ybullet@flash.net (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 20:09:34 -0500
>Hi folks-
>
>Someone please let me know privately: My mechanic had to disassemble and
>remove the transmission before he could pull my engine out of the car?
>Sound reasonable?  Something he doesn't know?
>
>Thanks-
>Pouya

   Pouya,

   I've had my TR250 since April of 1984 and have removed the transmission
at least 20 times, probably more.

   The easiest way to remove the transmission is to first remove the seats,
the tunnel, then undo all of the bolts for the bell housing and starter.
Don't forget the u-joints, too.

   The transmission can then be removed through the interior.

   You could pull out the engine and trans together, but it's more trouble
than it's worth if you only want to pull the trans.

                                Steve