RE: ZS carbs

To: list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, Jeff Wood <JWood@MediaOne.com>
Subject: RE: ZS carbs
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 1997 20:24:37 -0500
"Wood, Jeff" <JWood@MediaOne.com> writes:

>I had a "too lean" experience recently. I was running my '74 spit with
>no air cleaner, and the '75 carb I put on tuned up fine at idle, but
>over 2500 rpm it ran poorly. I put just the case on, no filter (yet) and
>the problem went away.

>You can get a long 1/8 allen in to adjust the carb, but you need to hold
>on to the slide to keep from tearing the diaphragm. I'd rather use the
>tool, but I don't have one as yet.

Jeff,

I have a tool but it doesn't fit right.  So I Pull the piston out, make
and adjustment, reinstall the the piston and check operation.  A little
less  convenient but it works and there are only 4 screws on each carb
that needs to be removed.  This technique will work in the absence of
the adjustment tool.

Also, make the same amount of adjustment to each carb each time.

Dave Massey
St. Louis, MO, USA