Re: Spline Lubricant

To: "Bob Streepy" <trstreep@chicago.avenew.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Spline Lubricant
From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 1997 14:52:29 -0600
A former HCTC club-member once gave me a gift of a tube of some
fantastic synthetic grease. Rather than slip the tube into a grease gun
and use it up, I've saved it for special applications like splined hubs
and TR6 axles.  The stuff is blue in color, extremely sticky and lasts
forever.  I cut the tube in half to get to the rest of it (and didn't
record the name off of it) so I can't tell you what it is.  I've been
looking for more, but most synthetics I've seen are the "creamy"
variety. Can another lister shed some light on this subject.  This
stuff would be perfect for the splined hubs.

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net