Re: TR6 fuel pump

To: Edward Hutchinson <seah@zorba.info.sunyit.edu>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 fuel pump
From: Jeff Johnson <jguy@erinet.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 12:21:17 -0500
As my fuel gauge only occasionally works, I have had many occasions to use
this lever after I run out of gas. Instead of cranking away at the starter
hoping to get some fuel out of the tank back into the starved carbs,which by
the way is futile with a mechanical fuel pump, just pop the bonnet and give
that priming lever several good licks and you've just reprimed your fuel
system. You can actually hear the fuel making its way thru the lines to the
carb. You can actually limp home if your fuel pump decides to give out by
continually repriming the system.

Jeff
'76 TR6- lived with it since new

At 11:26 AM 10/31/97 -0500, Edward Hutchinson wrote:
>Just a quick question. The fuel pump on my 74 TR6 has what appears to be a
>lever on the bottom. What is the function of this lever?
>
>ED
>
>74 TR6 CF17687U
>~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
>"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done."
>~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
>
>Ed Hutchinson
>Financial Aid Office
>SUNY Inst. of Technology
>P.O. Box 3050
>Utica, NY 13504
>315-792-7210

Jeff Johnson
800-935-3521 voice & fax
937-324-5640 fax

We save 9 out of 10 people money on their
long distance, and I'll prove it to you!

http://www.telecom-pros.com/members/jguy

Free webpage and no investment ever.