Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here

To: "Barry Schwartz" <bschwartz@encad.com>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here
From: "Vic Whitmore" <vicwhit@octonline.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 09:59:38 -0500
Interesting possibility. Adjusting castor isn't "by the book". How much
difference in shimming produces a given amount of castor change? What
happens to the camber?
And...why would you want to change castor? I'll bet your racing experiences
will show us all why. For street applications, you wouldn't need to touch
it unless there was frame damage and something wasn't right to begin with.
Regards,

Vic Whitmore
76 Triumph Spitfire
Thornhill, Ontario
> From: Barry Schwartz <bschwartz@encad.com>
> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: The Spitfire Shims Are Here
> Date: Thursday, October 30, 1997 9:07 AM
>
> Vic W. writes:
> >Sorry, Joe. Going by the original specs these don't look the same but
there
> >are similarities. It looks like these are for the empty condition.
Castor