Thanks All For Oil Help!

To: "Triumph Digest" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Thanks All For Oil Help!
From: "Hayes" <htjhayes@mysurf.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 19:57:56 -0800
        I gave in the other morning and bought a new pump. $102.36 and I only
drove 3 miles to get it. I get @45 PSI at warm idle now, which I am quite
pleased with. However, The oil pressure still drops to @10-15 when I brake
hard enough. Anyone ever put baffles in an oil pan? I read a good book on
the subject, but am reluctant to do it myself. The kind I like best was a
stainless-steel mesh that angled down toward the bottom of the sump that
somehow bolted on. Yes, bolted.
        I took off the front plate and bracket which helps my cooling quite a
bit. Also bought a cooling fan from the local auto parts store (Kragen) It
is the same one Vicki Brit is selling but 25 bucks cheaper.
        Any info on putting baffles in a Spit or related 1500 motor would be
great!

Josh Hayes
1978 Spit (Nice Doors)
1960 TR3-A (Doors? Are those related to windows?)