Re: cost of redi strip...

To: mood@erols.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: cost of redi strip...
From: Paulsv@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 10:10:01 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-10-29 03:58:07 EST, mood@erols.com (Jon Moody) writes:

<< Curious if any listers have had a frame or body redi stripped and if so,
 were you satisfied ? What did it cost ? >>

The frame, with all suspension parts, brackets, etc was about $500.  Doors
were $50, fenders and bonnet $75, TR3 Apron and hood $100.  I didn't have the
tub done- it would have been $600.  They also tack on a disposal charge of
 about 10%.  These prices were several years ago.  They do a very complete
job.  They spray a water soluable coating on the pieces to prevent re-rust.
 You have to wash this off (which causes rust, which I then removed with an
etching compound) and prime them right away.  Since all the paint, bondo and
rust comes off, the parts can come back a lot "holier" than you expected.
Best Regards
Paul