Re: TRF Carpet

To: "The Romagni's" <mrdr@buckeyeweb.com>
Subject: Re: TRF Carpet
From: Joe Curry <curry@wolfenet.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 12:04:03 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
The Romagni's wrote:

> Hi all - Just received my TRF sale flyer and my interest was peaked by
> the 25% off deal on carpet. My TR6 needs it bad. Looks as if the
> original is still in there and it's pretty ratt! For those who have
> purchased the nylon, how is the quality and color? I'm interested in the
> tan. I was going to invest in the underfelt and hardware kit as well. I
> would be interested in getting advice and info from others on the list
> who have installed new carpet.
>
> FWIW, I replaced the rear hubs last weekend and thought I'd pass on some
> info. I got my hubs from Team Triumph in Warren Ohio. Met Scott Harper,
> the proprietor - what a great guy. The deal on the hubs was $200 each
> plus $35 core for each hub. I live close enough that I could pick them
> up, but I'm sure he'd ship. The warranty was excellent as well - 18
> months unlimited mileage. Team Triumph specializes in the recycling of
> British cars. He's got a big shop full of parts from "recycled"
> Triumphs. I was pretty satisfied with my experience with him. No web
> presence that I'm aware of, but his phone number is - 330-392-7176.
> Usual disclaimers apply.
>
> Marty Romagni
> 1974 TR6

Marty,
I bought my carpets from TRF and am quite satisfied with the quality and
fit.  I bought the moulded kit (not the economy).  They were backed with
a good quality foam rubber and did not require any floor insulation.

However, beware of "out-of-stock" items.  It may be several months
before it comes in.  In the case of Interior items, apparantly the
manufacturers wait until they have enough orders to warrent them doing a
run of a particular item.  That was the case with the seat covers I
ordered from TRF.  Eight months later, I cancelled the order and got
them from British Parts Northwest.  I got them the next day and saved
myself twenty-five dollars.

Good Luck!

Joe Curry    '63 Spit (#%$@*&%@$@~)